Privacy and Security Policy
- 10 years ago.
EduCase Privacy & Security Policy
LAST UPDATED: January 1st, 2021
"Personally Identifiable Information" means any information that may be used to identify an individual, including, but not limited to, postal address, telephone number, fax number and e-mail address, and also may include certain business information, such as employer name, job title, and job function. You will be asked to provide Personally Identifiable Information under various circumstances when using the Website, including when registering as a User, when submitting an inquiry form to the Website, or in connection with the performance metrics employed on the Website.
"Anonymous Information" means information which does not enable identification of an individual User, such as aggregated information about the use of our Website and its services. When visitors come to our Website, we collect and aggregate information indicating, among other things, which pages of the Website were visited, the order in which they were visited, and which hyperlinks were "clicked." Collecting such information involves the logging of the IP addresses, operating system and browser software used by each visitor to the Website. Although such information is not personally identifiable, it may be possible to determine from an IP address a User’s Internet Service Provider and the geographic location of his or her point of connectivity. Anonymous Information includes a User's submissions to the Website and any evaluations or results, individually or in the aggregate, of such submissions; provided the User's identity is not associated with such submissions and evaluations when used or disclosed by Owner.
How We Use Your Information. We do not collect any Personally Identifiable Information from you unless you voluntarily choose to disclose such information while taking advantage of the services on our Website.
We only use the information collected to provide you with the best possible experience using the EduCase website. The types of information we collect can be grouped into several categories:
- Location Data: EduCase uses a third-party service like Google Analytics and Help Scout to process the IP Addresses of users in order to record location data of browser sessions. The aggregate location data is used to track usage trends and threats to security.
- Financial Data: When a user pays for an EduCase product or service, EduCase processes their payment data, which includes their name, email, and credit card, through a third-party payment processing service called Stripe.
- User Contact Information: EduCase requests that individuals include their phone number and mailing address as part of their account profile. Providing this information is completely optional, and you can remove this information at any time. If you provide your phone number, it may be used if an EduCase employee needs to contact you about your account. If you provide your mailing address, it may be used to send you performance-related awards and prizes - Pride of Workmanship cards, for example - when you complete a public study.
- Customer Support: If you call our offices and speak with one of our employees or contact our offices via our various email channels, your Personally Identifiable Information including your name, email, phone number, job title, employer, social channels, and IP address may be collected during such communications and incorporated into our electronic system, so we can respond appropriately.
If you submit Personally Identifiable Information to us through the Website, then we will use your Personally Identifiable Information to improve our services to you. In addition, we use Anonymous Information in aggregate form to build higher quality, more useful online services by performing statistical analyses of the collective characteristics and behavior of our Users, and by measuring demographics and interests regarding specific areas of the Website.
We may use and disclose your submissions, evaluations and data internally and for external publication, including for purposes of improving the patient profiles, developing training videos, documenting best practices, publishing contest results, providing other informative content to help our Users and improve the Website and software, and to publish the results of plan studies conducted on the Website, including but not limited to comparisons of the effectiveness of treatment plans and treatment methodology, comparisons of modalities used in treatment plans, and comparisons of results by category of User and location of User; provided, however, that external publication shall not include any Personally Identifiable Information.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies. Some of our Website pages may utilize "cookies" and other tracking technologies. A "cookie" is a small text file that may be used, for example, to collect information about Website activity. Some cookies and other technologies may serve to recall Personally Identifiable Information previously provided by a User. Most browsers allow you to control cookies, including whether or not to accept them and how to remove them. You may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie, or you may choose to block cookies with your browser.
We may collect and analyze traffic on our Website by keeping track of the IP addresses of our visitors. IP addresses are unique numeric identifiers that are assigned to each computer browser accessing the Internet. An IP address, by itself, cannot identify you personally. However, when combined with other information provided by your Internet Service Provider, your IP address can be used to identify the computer originating a message.
- Aggregate Information. We may use Anonymous Information to improve our services and enhance your experience with the Website and its services. Owner may disclose Anonymous Information about many Users to advertisers, content and service providers, and other affiliated and unaffiliated companies.
- Government Agencies. In order to provide you with our services, and only where permitted by law, we may share Personally Identifiable Information you submitted with government agencies to verify relevant information.
- Service Providers. Sometimes third-party service providers are retained or utilized by us and may have access to our Users' Personally Identifiable Information for the purpose of processing and/or hosting such information on our behalf. Examples of such third-party services may include analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments (if any), and providing customer service. We use reasonable commercial efforts to limit their use of such information and to use other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
Organizations. The Website allows Users to voluntarily join one or more organizations, which are generally (though not exclusively) managed by Users’ employers. By joining an organization, you agree that your Personally Identifiable Information may be shared with the organization. In addition, you also agree to allow the following items to be shared:
- Timestamps of generic Website activity. This includes, but is not limited to, timestamps for your latest login to the Website, your latest contouring activity, and your latest plan study activity.
- All scores and submissions for private organization services. Private organization services include any and all services hosted on the Website and provided exclusively or non-exclusively for the use of the organization and its members. This includes, but is not limited to, Private Plan Studies and Private Contouring Structures.
- All scores and submissions explicitly shared with the organization. The Website allows users to additionally opt-in to share scores and submissions for public (i.e., free) services with individual organizations. Users may change this option at any time via the Website.
- Continuing Education Credits. We may provide our Users' names and e-mail addresses to the American Board of Radiology ("ABR") and other similar professional organizations for purposes of awarding continuing education credits.
- Others. We may disclose Personally Identifiable Information you submitted if we have a good faith belief that disclosure of such information is helpful or reasonably necessary to (1) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, (2) enforce our Terms and Conditions including investigations of potential violations thereof, (3) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, (4) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of our Website, its Users, yourself or the public; (5) investigate reports of visitors providing false or misleading information; (6) prevent or investigate reports of credit card fraud or unauthorized use; or (7) protect against misuse or unauthorized use of our Website and/or services.
Opting Out. Although you are required to register if you wish to use certain services on the Website, you may choose to "opt out" of receiving informational and promotional materials from Owner. Owner periodically sends such materials to those Users who have not "opted out" of receiving them. These mailings clearly indicate the originator of the e-mail and provide the customer with a method of "opting out" of receiving future communications of a similar nature.
In the Event of Merger, Sale, or Bankruptcy. In the event that Owner is acquired by or merged with a third-party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign to such third-party entity the information we have collected from our Users as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control. In the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors' rights generally, we may not be able to control how your Personally Identifiable Information is treated, transferred, or used.
Security. The privacy and security of User data is as important to us as it is to you. We maintain strict physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that are designed to controls and protect your data from unauthorized access. We monitor our systems to prevent unauthorized attempts at intrusion. We review our policies and practices, monitor our computer networks, and test the strength of our security in order to help us ensure the safety of customer information. We adhere to accepted industry privacy standards and comply with our own privacy practices.
In addition, we use strong encryption and a protocol for transmitting private information via the Internet. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Therefore, while we follow accepted industry standards and implement reasonable security practices to protect Personally Identifiable Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security and have no liability for the wrongful acts of third parties to access and/or disclose your Personally Identifiable Information.
Our Employees. We restrict access to nonpublic Personally Identifiable Information about you to those employees whom we have determined need to know that information to provide products or services to you.
Data Transfer to Other Countries. EduCase is a U.S. business. Information collected via our website, through direct interactions with you, or from use of our help desk services may be transferred from time to time to our offices or personnel, or to third parties, located throughout the world, and may be viewed and hosted anywhere in the world, including countries that may not have laws of general applicability regulating the use and transfer of such data. To the fullest extent allowed by applicable law, by using any of the above, you voluntarily consent to the trans-border transfer and hosting of such information.
Right to Access and Change Personally Identifiable Information.
- Editing Your Personally Identifiable Information. If your Personally Identifiable Information or email address changes or you want to edit or update your information, you can do so by logging in to your account and updating your profile and account information accordingly.
State Specific Privacy Rights. We do not disclose personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
Information From Children. Owner does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register on our Website. If you are under the age of 13, please do not attempt to register on the Website or send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or e-mail address. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Website. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. We encourage parents to monitor their children’s internet usage and/or to use web filtering technology to supervise their children’s access to the internet.
LAST UPDATED: January 1st, 2021